What We Need
- Halters and lead ropes
- Lunging surcingle, side reins
- Vaulting surcingles
- Bareback pads
- Breast collars, breastplates
Other Horse Therapy Equipment:
- Portable wheelchair mounting ramp
- Mounting block
- Rubbermaid Farm Cart
- Pitchforks, rakes, brooms
- New, ASTM/SEI Certified, Riding Helmets in all sizes.
- Padded Mounting Barrel
Yoga Props & Equipment:
- Yoga Mats
- Yoga Blocks
- Foam Half Cylinders
- Yoga blankets
- Watercolor paints
- Watercolor paper of all sizes
- Paint brushes
Location, Location, Location...
We are currently scouting for a suitable location for this exciting venture and invite community input and involvement to make this dream a reality. Our vision is to find a facility that is peaceful, away from heavy traffic, and has access to trails and/or room to roam. We are open to possibilities; see the parameters outlined below. Contact us if you have a facility for lease or to donate to our community venture.
- 10+ acres
- 5-10 stalls or horse pens
- Enclosed riding arena (+/- 70' X 140')
- Safe grooming & wash areas
- Round pen
- Turnout areas, pasture
- Hay/feed storage
- Building or covered space for movement and art classes
- Tack room
- Ample parking for staff, volunteers & clients
Donate a Horse.
It takes a very special horse to make a therapeutic riding horse. We carefully screen candidates to ensure that they are physically sound for their work, but also to be certain that they are a personality match for their jobs and will be happy in their careers as therapeutic riding horses. If know of a horse that might be suitable for donation, please contact us to begin the screening process.
Guidelines for horse donations:
- +4 years under saddle experience
- Natural low-flight response
- Don't mind monotonous, slow arena work
- At ease in groups and on trails
- Aged 8 -18 years old
- 14 – 16 hands
Donate Gently used Tack and Equipment.
Have gently used tack, horse equipment, and riding wear? What we can't use in our program we can re-sell to pay for rider scholarships. Contact us to donate tack, horse equipment, yoga equipment and art supplies.