Working with horses instills confidence, increases strength and fitness, improves mindfulness and brings peace and joy to our daily lives. We offer a variety of classes for all ages and levels and create custom programs based on the needs and goals of participants.
Current Equine Classes:
- Fun with Horses for Kids 4-7 - Beginner riding lessons teach young riders how to be safe and effective around horses and while riding. Students learn to care for their horses before and after riding. Lessons develop problem-solving skills and promote teamwork with their horses.
- Riding Basics for Kids 8 & up - Beginner riding lessons teach young riders how to be safe and effective around horses and while riding. Students learn to care for their horses before and after riding. Lessons develop problem solving skills and promote partnership with their horses.
- Kids Pony Club - Fun learning activities for young horse lovers who want to learn about horse care, behavior, breeds, tack and more.
- Saddle Club for Teens - Horsemanship lessons and learning activities for teens who want to learn about horse care, behavior, psychology, tack, and more. Working with horses encourages young people to develop relationship-building and communication skills and can foster positive attributes such as commitment, responsibility and respect.
- "Back in the Saddle" Riding Lessons - For adult riders who have ridden in the past and are looking for a refresher to brush up on their riding skills and comfort level for advancement to competitive riding or safe recreational riding.
- Adult Beginning Riding Instruction - Ground-up instruction for adult riders provides a strong foundation for advancement to competitive riding or safe recreational riding.
- Adult Riding Recreation - Practical riding for advanced beginners to intermediate riders. Emphasis on safety, horsemanship, and partnering with your horse for the purpose of enjoyable recreational riding.
- Adult Equitation & Horsemanship for Advanced Beginner to Intermediate Adults - Riders will learn to use their positions effectively, how to achieve partnership with their horses and how to practice quality movements and gaits.
- Horse Handling & Groundwork for Adults - Instruction on the theory and practice of using the horse's natural herd behavior and instincts as a prey animal to guide our training and establishment of a relationship between horse and human. Participants learn how "thinking like a horse" can help them partner with their horse.
- Therapeutic Riding Lessons for Children and Adults- Riders are grouped according to age, goals and abilities. Lessons are tailored to the individual or group's goals and may include games, obstacle courses, and trail riding. Participants learn riding skills, but develop muscle coordination, practice teamwork, gain confidence, improve balance, and have fun doing it! Learn more about therapeutic riding.